Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chirstmas is my favorite

     This past Christmas was really exciting for me! It was weeks away from my wedding, I had a break from work and I had time to pack and get ready to move in with my soon-to-be husband.  I had time to address all our invites and get anything wedding related checked off our list.  
     We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family in Peoria.  We had a nice dinner, played some family games and attempted to sing Christmas songs while Taylor played the piano.  We definitely love having a great pianist in the family to use the piano now! My family isn't too musically talented, so the singing didn't last too long!  Christmas morning started way too early (perks of having a child in the house) and I seriously wanted to strangle my little sister hahaha!  It was a fantastic morning with my family!
     Soon after, Taylor and I were driving to his parents house in Chandler when a car on the I-10 freeway next to us started going out of control and then spun across all of the lanes in front of us. Yup, we got in a car accident on Christmas. Woo! The crazy driver (who had kids in the backseat!!!)  fled the scene and we didn't have enough time to get their license.  We were grateful that we were both safe, but I felt so bad for Taylor's car! He had bought that car because he had been hit a couple years ago and his old car was totaled.  Sometimes bad things just happen. 
Haws brothers on Christmas day! 

     We had plans to spend the next few days in San Diego with Taylor's family, but after talking on the phone with my Grandma Jones later on Christmas, I knew I needed to get to Cedar City, UT as soon as I could to see her.  Her cancer had spread to her brain and lungs and I couldn't stop tearing up thinking that Thanksgiving could be the last time I would see her.  I think the car accident made me realize how precious our lives are and I was going to spend time with my grandma while I still could. 
This ended up being the last time I saw my Grandma Jones.  She passed away a month after this visit. 
     I'm lucky to have a guy by my side who will drive to Utah late at night with me instead of going on a fun vacation. I'm so grateful that we made that quick trip at the end of December and that I could spend time with my family.  Sometimes it stinks being the only ones who don't live in Utah, but I'm glad Taylor has the same love for family as I do. He's the best. :) 

I was able to see two of my favorite people while we were in Utah, so that made me a happy girl!
McKell, Lex & Alex


Well, life really is precious! Spend time with those you love. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment