Tuesday, May 20, 2014

engagement & other fun times!

       Getting engaged is a lot of fun and it comes with a lot of pressure! Suddenly everyone thinks you have your entire wedding planned and you get hit with questions everywhere you go. Stressful! Taylor and I ordered my ring together (he wanted to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted) so I knew around the time it would be shipped. Our schedules were completely opposite at the time so I figured it would be happening late at night (he got home from work at 9:30pm), in the morning (I left for school at 8am) or on a Sunday.  I was wrong with each of these times hahaha.

       One night Taylor suggested we do breakfast together because we never see each other during the day.  My class the next morning didn't start until noon (perfect!) so I figured it would work out! We really only got to see each other at night for a few hours, so hanging out when the sun is up was definitely fine by me.  We went to Kiwanis Park in Tempe and just did our thannng. The park was completely empty, Taylor made some yummy food and we took some goofy pictures.  A few minutes later this random lady yelled to us, "Hey! Someone is taking pictures of you!"  and I was like, "Uhhh.. okay?"  and Taylor just kind of ignored her.

       At this point when I looked back at Taylor, he was on one knee. His eyes were full of tears and I definitely knew what was about to happen. He proposed, I freaked out (in a good way) and we were so excited!! Jenn was taking pictures (thank you to the random walking lady for providing the warning) and then she came out and gave us some post-engagement lovin'. We got engaged on September 18, 2013 and started planning our wedding for exactly 4 months from that date: January 18, 2014. 
The proposal. Kiwanis Park, September 18, 2013. 


Right after this I had to go to class, hold in my excitement and act like a normal person. Rough life!


Livin' up that engaged life, yo. 

November 1, 2013
"It's Friday and Staci's 21st birthday!! Tonight we went to dinner at Oregano's and to the Suns vs. Jazz game.  The Suns won! It was really fun to hang out with those two.  Ryder got into med school in San Antonio so they'll be leaving me next summer and moving to Texas! So sad! But I am SO happy for them. They're both incredible." 



Jones/Hunt girls with Grandma Bonnie.  
Alex threw me such a fun bridal show in Cedar over Thanksgiving break! Thanks, Alex!! 

Jones siblings!
Kennedy, Jenn, Greyson, Lex & Alex



Engagement Pictures:

November 24, 2013: "We got our engagement pictures back!! There are over 70 of them to pick from and we seriously love each one. They're all so different and artsy; I'm obsessed.  I'm positive that we chose the perfect photographer. Thank goodness for Nick Sorensen. We LOVE our pictures! 54 days!"            (For Nick's info: thisisnick.com)










Just some of our favorites. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment